Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fear

I have been learning a lot lately about letting go of your fears. Trusting that God has your back.
I recently went back to school. After eight years of being out of high school. I was really afraid of going back to school. I had a fear that what happened in high school would happen again. When I was in high school I would get up for school and be all set for the day. When I would get to the door I would Freeze up . I would start shaking and crying and didn’t know what was going on with me. This kept happing through out my high school years. In my senior year of high school I went to a physiologist. He diagnosed me with Anxiety/Depression symptoms. I was able to get on medication that would help me handle the Anxiety symptoms. I went on to graduate high school.
Eight years later after deciding to open my heart to Jesus. I decided I would like to get back to school and become a nurse. I been thinking about it for a long time. I would always get this horrible fear that my anxiety would get the best of me. So I never went through with going back. I started praying that God would help me find the strength inside me to over come my fear of anxiety. I would pray about it just about every night.
Couple months ago I decided to go ahead and steep out of my comfortable zone. I decided to fill out a application for college. when I got accepted I started getting nervous about going back.
I have to take a pre Math class that started about three weeks ago. when I went to class the first day I was a lil nervous. I said Lord please help me find the strength to over come my fear. When I got to the class the teacher was so nice and down to earth. All my fears went away. I truly believe that was Gods way of helping me get through the first big steep. I still have a ways to go before i’m all the way over my fear . But i’m defantley on my way.
If anyone has questions about Anxiety or Depression. you can reach us at 7ishprayerforce@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment