Sunday, June 21, 2009

Friendship

Over the years I have learned a couple things. I've learned how to tie my shoes, learned how to do math in my head(still not very good at it), learned how to back out of a driveway using a mirror, and I've learned how to be a friend.

Some people grow up and never ever know how to be a true friend. There are different "Definitions" of a friend in the world. Some people think that a friend will tell you you look great in something when you clearly look horrible in it. Some think that a friend will help you take drugs, even bring them to you. Still others hold on to a friend that ratted them out when something wasn't even their fault.

Those are not definitions of friend.. That's loyalty. We feel loyal to those that we become "Friends" with, or maybe we feel loyal to them because they helped us out of a "sticky" situation and we're supposed to be their for them through everything!

The dictionary definition of a friend:

1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile

Friend is a noun but it takes a verb to be one!
Jesus was a friend, he showed us what a true friend is by Dying for us on a cross and taking our sins.

I've learned what a true friend is by reading and studying Jesus' life. He showed how to be a friend by telling people the truth. He wanted people to know the truth He didn't keep it from them. No matter how much it hurt someone or not matter how much it "offended" someone. Jesus didn't need to have the "title" of a friend to someone to care about them. Today for some reason we have to have titles. I'm your friend. I'm not your Friend. You're my best friend, girlfriend, or boyfriend. Doesn't mean that you love someone more or care for them more.

God called us to be friends to everyone! He didn't exactly single people out.

When I say that i'm friends with someone, it means I care about them unconditionally. It doesn't mean I hang out with them all the time. Thats' a highschool thought pattern. That we're friends because we hang out all the time. I don't agree with that, I never have.

I have friends all over the United States, Some of them I've never met face to face, However, I'm still their friend. I still want the best for them, I still pray for them and I still care about them. I don't need to live right down the street from someone to be friends with them. My best friends live 5 mins away, we don't hang out a lot and we don't really talk a lot but we know we love each other we know we're friends. We're friends because we "understand" that we're busy, we understand we have different lives. Would we like to hang out and talk more, of course! It's really just that simple we are friends because we are friends. It doesn't need to be renewed all the time or restated.

We place too much pressure on the people that we call friends. We expect them to be everything that we want them to be. When sometimes they can't be that. We want them to have all the answers for us. If we diddn't hold the people that we consider friends so high... we'd get frustrated with them less.

Being a friend means. You stand up for them when they are right. You're there for them no matter when. Forgive them for the little things that they've done to you. People make mistakes, why hold others more accountable, than you hold yourself?
Are YOU a good friend? IF not... why do you hold grudges on those who aren't either.

BTW:
A REAL friend will tell you that you do not look great in that outfit WHY? so that you go change and can look great just in case the guy that God wants you to marry.. SEES YOU!

Friends don't bring you to a party when your underage and make you drink? WHY? because they are supposed to care about you and your future and they'd want you to be able to be ALL you can be!

If a friend is LOW enough to blame something on you that they did. Well i can't really explain that any more!
Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment